Thursday, January 25, 2007

Mexico...

My parents left this morning for Mexico on a mission trip for a week or so. I know media depictions of any given place are never as bad as they seem and indeed may be downright distorted, but I saw the last couple of episodes of E-Ring, and I played through Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter, and I can't help feeling it's a bit of a dodgy place. It's a pity, really; I'm sure Zocalo Plaza and the Centro Historico in Mexico City are actually very nice places along with some nice colonial architecture in Chapultepec, but try telling that to Captain Scott Mitchell. I do hope they promote that poor guy at some point in the near future, talk about a real trooper. Six or seven games and counting, and still that man soldiers on. I salute you, Scott, a true watcher on the walls of freedom.

No comments: