Monday, February 12, 2007

Um, you're going to stick that in which end now?

So, amusing work anecdote time. It's been very busy of late, what with some major assignments coming due for these people. Unfortunately, some of them don't really want to do the work required and would like nothing better than for you to do it all for them. I, of course, am wise to their wiles and try to avoid this trap whenever possible. So one person (who thankfully for their sake shall remain unidentified) is sitting there trying to do some research for a nursing project, which mainly consisted of chatting on their cell phone and holding loud conversations across the library. But I digress.
They did look genuinely lost, and I dutifully fulfilled my mandate to provide service in such event. To set the scene, there's two bright, glowing hyperlinks on the screen to the effect of Elimination(Bowels) and Elimination(Bladder). Aren't these nursing projects fun? So this person says they're at a loss here, don't know where to go, they need some material on the urinary tract. Now, admittedly, I'm just a layman in this subject area, but I say well, the urinary tract just maybe might have something to do with the bladder, yes? The light dawned in their face like this was the greatest revelation, you'd think I'd just deciphered the Da Vinci Code for them. Well, I never knew that, says someone whose ambitions are to possibly nurse me when I'm old. So where were you planning on sticking that now? Bladder? Bowels? IT'S A VERY IMPORTANT DISTINCTION!!! Chilling, I know...

No comments: