Wednesday, February 28, 2007

On the resolutions of conflict...

I am extremely tired as I write this, as I've had a couple of really long days lately. We've had this mandatory conflict resolution training at work, so I've had to go to that in the mornings and still go to work later on. On top of that, the training was at the main campus quite a ways from our cozy little satellite campus, so it's been a commute and a half. (Only to endure a two hour staff meeting, but thankfully we keep it pretty informal...I love those people) I found that it was mostly common sense stuff that we all know, but of course in the heat of the moment under pressure it all goes out the window. So I suppose it's good to review that stuff. We also got some really nice official-looking diploma certificates for "graduating", so that's always a plus. That, and I can always de-escalate anxious behaviour with my supportive, nonjudgmental stance, among other things. Just another weapon in the arsenal, baby...

No comments: